Creative Arts Volunteers
Are you passionate about creative arts and working with young people?
Are you interested in community heritage and social history?
Do you live in or near Solihull?
This may be the role for you!
Why do we need you?
We are looking for volunteers with experience of working in and teaching creative arts to help a group of young people with learning disabilities to express themselves creatively. We will be running a series of workshops enabling the young people to produce artwork, poetry and digital media based upon the Hidden Lives they will learn about. This will then be displayed in our upcoming exhibition later this year.
How much time should you offer? Where will you be based?
• We are looking for reliable people who can offer us as much or as little time as possible.
• This role will be based across several schools in Solihull.
What activities can you get involved in?
• Demonstrating creative arts techniques
• Demonstrating digital media techniques
• Working with young people to express themselves creatively
• Writing blog and social media posts
What can you gain from this opportunity?
• Making a difference to young people and adults with learning disabilities and helping their voices to be heard
• Add to your creative portfolio
• Gain (additional) experience in working with young people and people with disabilities
• Engage with local history and in making it accessible
• Reasonable transport and arts supplies expenses reimbursed
Is there an induction and training?
You will receive a full induction before you start. Some creative arts experience and/or experience in working with people with learning disabilities is required.
SUBJECT TO DBS CHECK
Who should you contact?
To register interest in volunteering and find out more, please contact Claire Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call on 0121 706 4696.
We look forward to hearing from you!